The Summer Language School at Stonyhurst College offers two-week residential English language courses for boys and girls aged 11 - 16 years. There are two course dates available in 2013:
Thursday 4th July - Thursday 18th July 2013
Thursday 18th July - Thursday 1st August 2013
Both courses follow the same structure and are aimed at international students looking to improve their English language competence, experience life at a traditional English boarding school and gain valuable life skills, confidence and independence.
The course is for all levels of ability, from absolute beginners through to the more advanced, with each student’s standard of English being formally assessed on arrival and the teaching tailored to the needs of individual students.
Benefits of choosing Stonyhurst Language School:
- 23 hours per week classroom teaching covering 5 different levels of ability.
- Small class sizes - average 8 (maximum 10) pupils to each teacher.
- All teaching and activity staff are fully qualified and directly employed by Stonyhurst College.
- Free escorted arrival and departure transfers from Liverpool, Manchester or Leeds/Bradford Airport between 10:00h – 18:00h.
- Strong and involved supervision, including regular review to ensure all children are fully engaged and enjoying their learning experience.
- Fully supervised recreational programme of afternoon activities and evening entertainment.
- Campus sports facilities include all-weather pitch, indoor swimming pool, tennis courts, football, cricket, shooting range, 9-hole golf course.
- Two full-day and two half-day excursions per course, with visits to Blackpool Pleasure Beach Resort, Chill Factor E (an indoor snow activity centre), The Lake District and The Trafford Shopping Centre.
- English spoken during all leisure activities to aid learning, increase confidence and interaction.
- Opportunities for prayer and attendance at Sunday Mass.
- All meals provided – plus packed lunches for trips.
- Premium quality accommodation - single or twin-bedded study rooms with either en-suite or adjacent wash and toilet facilities.
- Regular laundry, personal travel insurance, enrolment and educational materials all provided.
To apply for a place on either Course One or Course Two, please click here and complete the automated enquiry form. Please note, the closing date for applications is Friday 24th May 2013. However, we will accept late bookings if there is availability.
If you have any questions regarding Stonyhurst Summer Language School, or you have a query about an application, please contact us by telephone +44 (0)1254 827270 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +44 (0)1254 827270 end_of_the_skype_highlightingor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.