Many families and pupils have questions about Stonyhurst life, the admissions process and the curriculum before they are ready to speak to our Admissions Team.
Take a look at the FAQs below which answer many of our most commonly asked questions. If you would prefer to speak to one of our Admissions Team, please don't hesitate to contact them by selecting the buttons below.
- How old is Stonyhurst?
- Have you any notable alumni?
- What is the structure of Stonyhurst?
- How many pupils are in the school?
- How many terms are there in the school year?
- Do Stonyhurst pupils go to school at the weekend?
- What is an Exeat?
- How many pupil nationalities do you have?
- What is the average class size?
- How big are your grounds?
- What is your boarding/day pupil ratio?
- How do I apply?
- What is the application process and entry requirements?
- What if I apply after September?
- Is there a registration fee?
- How much are your fees?
- Are meals/tuition included within the fees?
- Will I receive a discount if I send more than one child to Stonyhurst?
- Can I come and visit?
- How do I attend an Open Day?
- What is a Stonyhurst Scholarship?
- How do you support military families?
- What is a guardian?
- Do I need a guardian/what if I don’t have one?
- I am struggling with my application, who do I contact for help?
- Does the school accept dollars/euros/cash/credit cards?
- How does the bursary system work?
- What does my child have to do before they start school?
- How will my child make friends?
- How will Stonyhurst communicate with parents?
- How can we keep in touch with our child and other parents?
- Who looks after pupils when they first arrive at St Mary’s Hall?
- Who looks after pupils when they first arrive at Stonyhurst College?
- Is there internet access in the school, boarding houses and common rooms?
- Does the school provide transport for day pupils?
- Do you have an on-site health centre?
- Where do I buy uniform from?
- Where can I buy Stonyhurst merchandise?
- Are mobile phones allowed?
- Where can I view the school calendar?
- Will I get to meet the headmaster at interview?
- What is a House Parent?
- Who are the House Parents?
- Can pupils wear their own clothes?
- Which boarding house will my child join?
- Do pupils have their own bedroom?
- Can pupils stay at school during the holidays?
- What is the boarding structure like at SMH?
- What is the boarding structure like at the College?
- Do pupils have to do their own laundry?
- Do pupils need to bring their own bedding?
- Can pupils bring their own laptops?
- Who can my child speak to if they need advice?
- What if my child becomes unwell whilst boarding?
- Will my child board with different age groups and ethnicities?
- Can pupils decorate their rooms?
- Does my child need insurance?
- Do you offer flexi-boarding?
- What will my child be doing at weekends and evenings?
- How many boarding houses are there?
- Are children offered a choice at mealtimes?
- During summer can my child eat outside?
- Do pupils dine independently or alongside teaching staff?
- Do pupils have any input on menu ideas and suggestions?
- Are children offered snacks and drinks throughout the day?
- Are children encouraged to try different food items?
- Where will my child eat their meals?
- When will my child eat their meals?
- Can I see a sample menu?
- Do you cater for special diets?
- What is a 'Playroom'?
- What does ‘Quant Je Puis’ mean?
- What does A.M.D.G mean?
- What does L.D.S mean?
- What is 'Cura personalis'?
- What is a House Parent?
- What does ‘men and women for others’ mean?
- What does OS mean?
- What does Lower Line mean?
- What does Higher Line mean?
- What does Head of the Line mean?
- What is ‘rec time’?
- What is the ‘Ref’?
- What are the year group names?
- What is a ‘Line’?
- Do you have an on-site Health Centre?
- What facilities are available?
- What co-curricular activities are there?
- How many libraries do you have?
- What sports facilities do you have?
- How many artefacts to you have in your museum?
- Is your observatory operational?
- How many chapels do you have?
- Do you offer horse riding?
- What is Mission Garden?
- Is Stonyhurst an IB school?
- Do all pupils have to play sport?
- What sports choices can my child take part in Lower Line?
- What sports choices can my child take part in Higher Line?
- Can my child learn how to play a musical instrument?
- Which subjects do you offer at Pre-Prep?
- Which subjects do you teach at SMH?
- Which subjects do you offer at the College?
- What co-curricular activities are available?
- Do you offer SEN support?
Visit our campus, virtually...
Discover what Stonyhurst looks like before you arrive
We have developed an immersive, state-of-the-art virtual tour to provide prospective families with an opportunity to explore Stonyhurst College and Stonyhurst St Mary’s Hall from the comfort and safety of their own homes. Using the latest digital technology, prospective parents and their families can take a tour of the facilities on offer.