Stonyhurst Scholars’ Programme
The Stonyhurst Scholars’ Programme is an exciting opportunity for high school students aged 14-17 years to join an exclusive summer programme designed to prepare students for their future endeavours. With specialist tutors and expert guidance, the Scholars’ Programme empowers students to broaden their knowledge and develop transferrable skills for further academic study.
Stonyhurst provides a unique environment facilitating insights into history, culture, natural sciences, and literature through objects held within the Stonyhurst collections. We are offering unique access to world-class artefacts with guidance from established experts.
BROADEN YOUR HORIZONS
The aim of the Stonyhurst Scholars’ Programme is to allow students to:
- Develop your critical thinking, analytical and research skills
- Build your presentation and public speaking skills
- Encourage both independent learning and collaborative working
- Engage in debate on global topics
- Experience varied perspectives within an international community of students
- Gain a holistic approach to learning
From captivating workshops to enriching excursions, every moment of this extraordinary journey will leave you inspired and will equip each student with a global perspective that transcends cultural boundaries.
WHO IS THE SCHOLARS’ PROGRAMME FOR?
- Students aged 14-17 years old
- Global students with advanced (C1 – C2 CEFr grading), fluent, or native English ability
THEMES AND TOPICS
We aim to explore different theses and topics during the Stonyhurst Scholars’ Programme, these include:
- British History, Heritage and Culture
- The Language of Symbolism
- What do we know and how do we know it?
- Literary Legends and their Legacy
- Our Common Home: The Beginnings of Natural Sciences
- Rebels and Revolutionaries
Specialist workshops with professional tutors and subject experts.
Bespoke excursions to top universities Oxford and Cambridge, plus historic landmarks to further your learning.
Be immersed in a full British Boarding School experience.
Unique opportunity to engage personally with historic artefacts.
Activities and evening entertainment programme included.
Use the opportunity to expand your horizons and develop your CV for your future studies and endeavours.
|Four Weeks – Friday 12th July – Friday 9th August 2024
|14 – 17 years
|All teaching and course materials, accommodation, meals and snacks; activities and excursion programme; transfers (on specific arrival/departure days and specific locations in the North West)