The Pre-IB programme is designed to prepare non-UK students for Stonyhurst’s IB Diploma Programme.
It also aims at rapidly integrating non-UK students into the academic, social, spiritual, and co-curricular life of the College.
The Pre-IB programme specifically prepares students for the IB Diploma through:
- its culture of learning (tutorials, speakers and visits, library provision, gifted and talented programme, learning support)
- the Stonyhurst Learner Profile, which is based on the IB Learner Profile
- many or all (I)GCSE subjects taught by IB Diploma teachers
- an introduction to Theory of Knowledge (ToK)
- a co-curricular programme that embraces “Creativity, Action, Service” (CAS)
- fostering in students good time management skills