Keeping our community safe
Stonyhurst is a member of the Boarding Schools’ Association (BSA) and has been working closely with the organisation throughout the COVID-19 outbreak. The BSA has published a COVID-Safe Charter and Stonyhurst is proud to follow this and pledges to ensure full compliance with all Government rules and guidance to meet the requirements stated in the Charter.
The BSA COVID-Safe Charter has been created to give parents and pupils confidence that a school is taking appropriate measures to ensure that the classrooms and residential accommodation are a safe place to live and work. By officially following the Charter, as a boarding school we will be maintaining the highest standards of welfare for the children in our care. Included in the Charter are requirements prior to reopening schools, procedures for both domestic and international pupil arrivals and appropriate measures to adopt for all pupils and staff while in school.
Stonyhurst constantly monitors all advice issued by relevant bodies, including the Government, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Public Health England, and the Boarding Schools’ Association, amongst others. All Stonyhurst College staff and pupils have the capability to deliver teaching and learning via our Virtual Learning Environment Stonyhurst Anywhere. This is part of our teaching & learning suite of software, used extensively within school and which is accessible from any internet-enabled device, via the Stonyhurst website.
We are confident in our preparations, systems, policies and procedures. Stonyhurst reviews its stance daily to ensure we have explored every avenue for the care of our pupils, both domestic and international. We are proud of how our community has worked together during these unprecedented times and we keep all of those who have been affected by the pandemic in our prayers.
For more information please contact:
- Stonyhurst Covid Update - 28th November 2022
- Stonyhurst College and Stonyhurst St Mary's Hall Covid-19 Risk Assessment 24th February 2022
- Stonyhurst College and Stonyhurst St Mary's Hall Covid-19 Risk Assessment 9th January 2022 - 20th February 2022
- Stonyhurst College and Stonyhurst St. Mary's Hall Covid-19 Risk Assessment Interim Update 10th December 2021 - 10th January 2022
- Stonyhurst College and Stonyhurst St Mary's Hall Covid-19 Risk Assessment Overview Document 6th September - 15th December 2021
- Stonyhurst College and Stonyhurst St Mary's Hall Covid Risk Assessment Update Statement 19th July - 6th September 2021
- Stonyhurst College and Stonyhurst St Mary's Hall Risk Assessment Overview Document - Update 21st June - 19th July 2021
- Stonyhurst Risk Assessment Overview Document - Update 17th May - 21st June 2021
- Stonyhurst Risk Assessment Overview Document - Update 5th March with 14th April 2021 Addendum
- Stonyhurst College Risk Assessment National Lockdown Addendum - Updated 12th February 2021
- Stonyhurst St Mary's Hall Risk Assessment National Lockdown - 12th January 2021 Addendum
- Stonyhurst College Risk Assessment - 11th December 2020
- Stonyhurst St Mary's Hall Risk Assessment - 4th November 2020