Archives

The primary holdings of the Archives are related to the history of the school from 1593 to the present day. Whilst the greater part of the material comes from the 19th and 20th centuries at Stonyhurst, there are considerable surviving collections from the College’s predecessors at St Omers, Bruges, and Liege.

In addition to records of the school, the Archives also include documents related to the history of the British Jesuit Province and items from Stonyhurst before 1794, when the estate was owned by the Shireburn and Weld families.

Please note, due to planned essential maintenance works on the historic buildings at Stonyhurst, the Archives are currently closed to enquiries.