Stonyhurst is a coeducational Catholic boarding and day school, faithful to the teachings of the Church and to the educational principles of the Society of Jesus.
In keeping with our Jesuit ethos, we welcome young people of other Christian traditions and other faiths, encouraging them to play as full a part as they can in the spiritual life of the school. Stonyhurst has an international dimension, with links to other Jesuit schools and the wider Stonyhurst ‘family’ throughout the world.
OUR MISSION IS TO:
- Develop our pupils’ talents by challenging them to give of their very best in all that they do, to the greater glory of God.
- Be a caring, supportive and prayerful community of pupils, staff and parents, with Jesus at the centre.
- Prepare young people intellectually, spiritually and emotionally to provide leadership in facing the problems of the modern world.
- Nurture independently-minded young people, able to think for themselves, and to stand up for their beliefs.
- Know each of our pupils as individuals, provide for their individual needs, and help them become well-rounded adults.
- Prepare young people to play an active role in the church today.
- Encourage our pupils to become men and women who will do as much as they can for other people.
- Help our pupils to find God in the majesty of His creation, and to be good stewards of the resources entrusted to them.