Economics will help you to understand economic concepts and theories, through a critical consideration of economic problems and issues that affect our everyday lives such as...
- The possible implications of Brexit
- Should the MPC increase interest rates now?
- Is growing income inequality a problem?
- Are Amazon and Facebook too big?
- Why does the UK’s poor productivity matter?
At Stonyhurst, we aim to tackle these issues using economic models but also mindful of the ethical and social implications of those economic decisions. We aim to help our students develop skills and capabilities that will help them in their adult and working lives. Many of our students go on to study economics based courses at University.