Politics is a vibrant and lively subject that allows you to develop a better awareness of current affairs.
Government and Politics A Level is the study of how the UK and the US is governed. It involves in-depth analysis and evaluation of the UK and US political systems.
Politics is a subject that goes well with a number of other disciplines and subject areas. It is widely recognised for its academic rigour by leading universities and is good preparation for students interested in a wide range of careers such as law, journalism or the civil service.
Whilst studying Politics at Stonyhurst, you will have many opportunities to develop a wide range of skills including:
- The ability to comprehend, synthesize and interpret political information
- Analyse and evaluate political knowledge
- Identify connections, assess similarities and differences between areas studied
- Select relevant material, construct and communicate arguments coherently using appropriate political vocabulary.
A Level Government & Politics AQA
A Level Government & Politics involves in-depth study of political systems in the United Kingdom and the USA.
Topics covered include:
- Political participation and voting behaviour
- Political parties
- The role of pressure groups
- Political ideologies – socialism, communism, liberalism and conservatism.