Stonyhurst 2019 IB Highlights:
· 95% pass rate compared to a world average of 78.2% (IBO, 2018)
· 33% of students achieved 38 with 20% achieving over 40 points
· 67% of students achieved 35 or more points equivalent to A*- A at A level
· 2 students achieved 41 points placing them in the top 2.5% of candidates worldwide and equivalent to 4 A* at A Level
· An average point score of 35.6, compared with the typical worldwide average of 30
· Students win places at top universities across the world
Stonyhurst International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma students are celebrating having received excellent results that place them amongst some of the highest scoring IB students in the world.
One in three of the students who passed the diploma achieved 38 or more points.
The IB Programme at Stonyhurst with its emphasis on being internationally-minded continues to deliver the Jesuit vision of ‘the world is our house’. This has perhaps never been more important as our young people move on to the next stage of their educational journey. There have been some outstanding results this year at the College and I should like to congratulate the students and staff who have worked together to achieve so much over the past two years, not to mention the families who provide so much support. The Stonyhurst motto ‘as much as I can’ has certainly been demonstrated by this ambitious group of young people.
John Browne, Headmaster of Stonyhurst College
The successful students have secured places from top UK Russell Group universities as well as prestigious universities worldwide.
Examples of offers secured by Stonyhurst 2019 IB Diploma students:
St Andrews to study Psychology,
King’s College, London to study International Relations,
UCL to study Medicine,
Leeds to study Economics,
Durham to study Chemistry,
Bath to study Business Administration,
Durham to study Business and Management
Together with a wide variety of prestigious European universities, including ESCP European Business School in France, Bucconi in Italy.