At Stonyhurst, we empower our boys and girls to be the best that they can be, shaping leaders of the future who carry a sense of purpose and a desire to make the world a better place. As we guide every pupil through their own individual academic, sporting, creative, spiritual and emotional journey, we watch with great pride as our boys and girls grow to be 'men and women for others'.
Stonyhurst Higher Line (Sixth Form) forms the latter part of Stonyhurst College and is located in the same building. Higher Line (Sixth Form) offers three study routes - the International Baccalaureate Diploma, A Levels and the IB Career Related Programme.
Quant Je Puis - 'As Much As I Can'.
• 'The playrooms at break times certainly seem friendly places, a mad throng of chat.'
• 'Broad curriculum allows students to follow their interests.'
• 'Outward looking and inclusive Catholic boarding school.'
• 'Pupils are encouraged to become their best selves, give back to the world and aspire to great heights academically.'
• 'Impressive array of sports facilities'.
'With the oldest museum in the English speaking world and five libraries at their disposal, it's no wonder academic results are strong. Success extends outside the classroom: the girls' cricket team are the 2020 indoor champions, Little Shop of Horrors was a hit, and, thanks to a pupil led initiative, a Syrian refugee family now lives happily in the local community. 'Quant je puis' indeed.'
Even the most secular can’t fail to be amazed by Stonyhurst, and with its superlative facilities, high-quality teaching and extraordinary heritage comes immense privilege. Most children peer at Henry VII’s cope and chasuble in a textbook – at Stonyhurst, they are there in the classroom with them. How’s that for bragging rights?
Our Virtual Private Visits are your opportunity to find out more about Stonyhurst Sixth Form.
Ranked in the UK’s top 20 IB Schools and in the top 100 IB Schools in the world, pupils thrive in a unique environment, studying a world-class education which enables young people to become all that they can be.
Sixth Form life is fast paced and varied. Of course we encourage our pupils to work hard academically - we are first and foremost a leading independent school after all - but life at Stonyhurst extends far beyond the classroom. We recognise the importance of developing the whole individual so that our boys and girls are well-rounded, confident and ready to succeed in the real world.
Take a look around
If you believe that Stonyhurst Sixth Form could be the best option for your son or daughter, the admissions section below provides information about the application process for UK and international applicants, plus other information that you will find useful in guiding your decision.
Meet our Director of Admissions
Contact Helen Eastham, our Director of Admissions, who will be happy to help answer any questions you have about Sixth Form life at Stonyhurst, and can aid you on your admission's journey alongside our experienced Registrars.
Our Mission and Identity
- Develop our pupils' talents by challenging them to give of their very best in all that they do, to the Greater Glory of God.
- Be a caring, supportive and prayerful community of pupils, staff and parents, with Jesus at the centre.
- Prepare young people intellectually, spiritually and emotionally to provide leadership in facing the problems of the modern world.
- Nurture independently-minded young people, able to think for themselves, and to stand up for their beliefs.
- Know each of our pupils as individuals, provide for their individual needs, and help them become well-rounded adults.
- Prepare young people to play an active role in the Church today.
- Encourage our pupils to become men and women who will do as much as they can for other people.
- Help our pupils to find God in the majesty of His creation, and to be good stewards of the resources entrusted to them.
We are all different - and this is a place which embraces all kinds of talents and people. Stonyhurst allows us to focus on what we are good at, and to do what we love.
Aitana, Sixth Form Pupil
was a pupil here
Has a 100% pass rate for IB and A-level
22 sports pitches
1:7 teacher to pupil ratio
Is fully operational
slept in the Top Ref
35,000 artefacts within our museum
to perform a Shakespeare play
have been awarded the Victoria Cross
was a pupil here